Q: What information do you need in order to quote door units?
A: Some of this information is very technical, we will be glad to talk you through these questions or you can have your contractor give us these details.
- We need to know how wide, tall and thick you want your door to be, or, how wide and tall your door rough opening is so we can make a door system to fit.
- How thick is your wall (2” x 4” or 2” x 6”)? Standard jamb sizes are 4 9/16” and 6 9/16”
- Do you need interior casing?
- What finish do you want for your hinges? Standard finishes are Oil Rubbed Bronze, Satin Nickel, or Bright Brass;
- What finish do you want for your exterior adjustable threshold? Standard finishes are Bronze, Polished Nickel, or Bright Brass;
- Do you want your door prepped for hardware? (Single Bore, Double Bore, Mortise Lock – Please specify).
- How do you want the door swing? (Right-hand, Left-hand, Inswing or Outswing).
Q: Where can I find DSA pricing information?
A: Pricing is available by contacting DSA direct or your local dealer/distributor. To locate one in your area, please click here, or go to the “contacts” page.
Q: What woods do you use to make your doors?
A: We make our doors from Mahogany, Oak, Clear and Knotty Kauri (Agathis).
Q: Do you prehang your doors?
A: Yes, we can supply the door & jamb, already prepared for hinges and door hardware. For exterior units we also provide weather-stripping, threshold, and door sweeps. We will work with you or with your contractor to determine what your exact prehanging requirements are.
Q: Where do you ship your doors and how are they shipped?
A: We ship our doors all over the continental United States via common carrier. This requires an additional crating charge. Please contact us for a quotation to ship to your area.
The Door Store of America, Inc.
8732 Glenwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27617